Home / Headquarters

The Place

The Congress will be held in the beautiful city of Manizales in the coffee zone, one of the regions where the Sustainable Colombian Livestock Project promotes Silvopastoral Systems in the country.

Manizales is the capital of the department of Caldas, one of the departments of the so-called coffee-growing axis of Colombia, as well as Risaralda and Quindío. It is located at a height of 2100 meters and has a particularly mountainous relief, which can be seen in the steep streets of the city, from where you can see the peak of the volcano Nevado del Ruiz.

The average temperature of the city is 16.7 ° C (62 ° F), and by 2016, Manizales had a population of 397,466 inhabitants, 48% are men and the remaining 52% are women.

The IX International Congress of Silvopastoral Systems will be held at the Cultural and Convention Center Teatro los Fundadores, which is located in one of the oldest districts of the city, in the center of Manizales.

Near the Cultural Center is the Los Fundadores Theater, the most important of the city, there is also the Caldas Park and the Founders Park, which has a monument to the founders who symbolize the twelve founding families of the city. There are two shopping centers nearby: the Fundadores Shopping Center and the Parque Caldas Shopping Center, and nearby is the Founders Air Cable, which serves to transport from the city center to the city terminal.

Los Fundadores Theatre

Santander Ave. between Cra. 21 y Calle 33

Manizales – Colombia